Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Special Day for Owen

On Thursday after I picked Owen up from school, I told him that I had a surprise for him. A surprise to celebrate the end of his first year of nursery school. I explained that it is something that we are going to do and we have to drive to get there. He about came unglued because I wouldn't tell him what it was. I finally had to cave, as he started crying saying he couldn't wait. Not to mention that he thought we were going to the dump since it is the same road!

We took a picnic lunch to Washington Park. I brought along his favorite rubber boots (froggy boots that are hand me downs from Noah - thanks to Uncle Matt and Aunt Kate). This is something we used to do with Noah. But for whatever reason, have never taken Owen there.


I wasn't quite sure how this would gel with Sam in tow, since he does not like to be on the ground or in the grass. However, it was perfect! I parked him on the blanket during lunch and he didn't venture off it. It was the funniest thing to watch him go to the edge of the blanket and stop. Go to another corner and stop. He was happy as a clam on that blanket next to where Owen and I were playing.


Owen loved throwing rocks, splashing in the water, and looking for life within the water and the woods. We even found tadpole eggs sticking to the rocks on this little waterfall. What a bonus - thousands of them! This opened up a huge question and answer time. Where is their Mommy? How do the eggs stay there? When they come out will they find their Mommy? Will we see them today? And so on and so on. It is three days later and he still is asking more questions.





Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. Owen shared his day at dinner that night with Daddy and Noah, including our drive by search for construction equipment on the way home. Speaking of the way home, Owen made my day and said something that I will never forget. He loves me more than chocolate ice cream. Wow - I am cool!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this site you wwere so smart to do it this way I love you all so much...
    .Aunt Co Co

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh I remember those washington park times sooooo well as a child! what a gift those children have in you as a mom!


    love you allllllll
    Auntie L

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Connie! It's hard to communicate when we live so far away and this blog enables us to keep up with you all and seeing pictures means a lot to us. We can't wait to see you in July! Love and kisses, Aunt Cathy & Uncle Larry

    ReplyDelete