Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The title describes our Monday evening.

Sam was the GOOD, aside from his new found voice; no, excuse me, screams. As of late, he is so frustrated not knowing how to vocalize a word for something, that he screams until you proceed with show and tell.

Noah, well, he was the BAD. He gets so irritated by the four year old in our household that he results to mental torture in retaliation. In an effort to allow them to fight their own battles, I now attempt to retreat and ignore to a certain point. I am tired of separating, repeating myself, time outs, and spanking, as of none of it seems to stick! However, Monday, I did not intervene soon enough.

The time is dinner time. I am in the kitchen, with the two older boys in the living room. Owen wanted Noah's attention. Noah choose not to acknowledge Owen's existence at all by totally ignoring him. I must have heard Owen say his name 20 times in an effort to become acknowledged. The next thing I know, a WWF wrestling match began. By this time, Steve is walking in from work. Steve beats me to the living room to determine the severity and finds Owen on Noah's back, biting him. Like, break the skin bite. Like, let me see that to see if you need stitches, bite. So that is where the UGLY comes in. Steve removed Owen and bit him. Yes, the father bit the child. Our hope is that he has learned his lesson and will never do this again. Meanwhile, the dog is at the door looking at me with his expressive eyes that said, "You people are crazy, let me out of here". I wanted to go with him.

So, here is the kicker...at bedtime Owen went into Noah's room and told him he loved him. What planet are these children from?!

Me giving credit where credit is due: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is a 1966 Spaghetti Western film, set during the American Civil War, about three gunmen who set out to find a hidden fortune.

4 comments:

  1. My father tried that logic with my brother when he used to bite. The next time he bit my mother asked him why he did it and he said "Daddy bites." Tee, hee, hee...Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one day they will be grown
    that time comes way to soon
    maybe one on one side of the country
    one on the other and one in the middle...
    He won't always bite
    but they will always love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now people may realize my selfish choice not to be a parent. I would have killed them. Not wanting my golden years to be in prison, I'll live with the fact that Randy and I will be alone when we're old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooooo the real roller coaster ride begins and now you realize it's too late to get off..........wahhoooooooo! HOLD ON TIGHT!!!!!

    Love you all

    A.L.

    ReplyDelete