Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Even the Dog Needs Attention

Okay, okay already. We are face-book, phone texting, blogging degenerates according to our circle. We have dragged our feet long enough. (I, Beth, say "we"...Steve always asks if I have a mouse in my pocket when I use this reference!) I will be attempting to document our existence by use of blogger, in the hopes that somehow, someway I will find the time to keep in touch with all of you gadget people. As you must know, Steve is a gadget guru, technology guy. He just doesn't "get" the whole "what ru doin?" every minute of the day. Nor do I. So many times technology turns us into idiots. We don't use proper grammar, punctuation, and salutations. Our emails and blogs are read and perceived by the readers as per their emotional state of that particular day. I myself have always preferred the good old-fashioned telephone. And, again, no caller id, no call waiting, call forwarding or any of those annoying interruptions in this household. Probably wouldn't have an answering machine either except for it is needed for our jobs. So, with that said...here it is, our life put out there in internet heaven. I, as wife and mother, will be putting down our tracks, our life as we are making it. Maybe this will give me a starting point to my overwhelming piles of scrap booking materials. I look forward to boring you with our kid's milestones, vacations, and each time the dog smiles at me. I just hope that someday our boys will look back and actually read all of this stuff! Gotta go - the dog is looking for his "me" time. Enjoy our ride!



5 comments:

  1. This is so very cool! Will mark it in my favs!

    Jennifer Goodrich

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha ok baby girl here you gooooooooo! I, myself ,will never be a blogger (uuuhhhhhh be careful, auntie L never say never!) but I WILL keep up with YOUR blog! I will, however, have to have you come to my house and put it in as one of my favorites because we all know I am totally tech illiterate ! I am a wonderful person tho so that makes up for it!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! so just wanted you to know that I read it, I love it and I am on board with it! I do like to see you all in person from time to time to get my SNOBS fix tho and messy little kisses from all your boys including SIR ISAAC NEWTON!!!! Love you my sweet baby girl! You are one of the special ones in my life that makes my heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I wish I could catch up to the 21st century. But, then again, I have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 SNOBS

    NICE, SEE YOU IN A FEW WEEKS.

    KEN AND JANE

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Beth. I said this to your mom just last week when I picked up a cake for my 15 year old (yes, he's really 15): You have no idea how lucky you are to have your parents and family so close to you. After reading your words, I know now that YOU DO KNOW THAT and I couldn't be happier for you.

    -- Cousin Lisa

    ReplyDelete