Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010

Funny, when I was a teen, I remember reading books where 2010 was a popular year for good fiction. The date always seemed so distant, but yet here it is upon us, we are living it, making history. I welcome the fresh year with new adventures with my family and friends, great books, excellent music, and fantastic food (healthy? still up for vote). 2010 marks my 40th year on earth, and I think I have finally embraced who I have become. I intend to live to the fullest for myself, my husband, and our boys.

Now go out there, take charge, do the things that make you happy, and enjoy your year!

2 comments:

  1. thats my girl! and if I have any advice for you in your 40th year it is this.......during the next 10 years take a good long look at yourself in the mirror every day and embrace it because at 52 I am REALLY seeing the change and embracing who is staring back at me ...not so much! As I always say, "this too shall pass" but I wish that I would have had someone tell me to watch it happen and be ok with it ("it" being the aging process!) along the way! Now in 2010 I have to figure it out, accept it and get over myself! Oh well, remember to always let the beauty in you shine through no matter how many wrinkles and lines it has to make its way through to be seen! I love you my sweet girl!

    auntie L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now at 72 I have done just that , I like who I am, what I am and where I am,and I enjoy my own company. The last 10 years have sped by as will the next 10 I am sure....so we must live, love and be thankful for every wrinkle and every crease, it is what it is. I love you so much

    Aunt Co co

    ReplyDelete