Tuesday, November 23, 2010

He cried "I Can", all the way home!

Very exciting news on Friday, 11/19/2010 in the Kindergarten world of Owen Judson Newton. He was the first in his class to complete and bring home his I Can ribbon. The ribbon began the first day of school, showing progress of this grades goals. Each sticker is a task mastered. Such as counting to 100, knowing the seasons in order, reciting your address, identifying and reciting the alphabet, phone number, etc.

As I watched Owen get off the bus, he reminded me of Isaac when we arrive home after a trip. He was so excited, he was about to jump out of his skin. Owen is a character where he wants everything to be a surprise, so he made me wait until we arrived in the kitchen where I promised to close my eyes. He then proceeded to tell me to open them, where he shook out this ribbon about as tall as him with all of his mastery stickers. The grin was priceless as well as the proud moment when he exclaimed that he was the first, the very first, Mom, to bring home "I Can". I jumped up and down with him looking at me like I was a fool, and he finished by saying, "Now I can graduate"!


Here he is admiring his work:



No comments:

Post a Comment